grants for young scientists
The Italian Association of Manufacturing Technologies (A.I.TE.M.) offers a grant covering the registration fee to the CIRP General Assembly for the current year. The aim is to support young Italian scientists to participate to CIRP (the International Academy for Production Engineering), and to foster interaction between young A.I.TE.M. members and the CIRP community.
Candidates must comply with the following requirements:
- Be A.I.TE.M. members
- Be not older than 35 when submitting their request
Candidates must submit the following documents:
- A curriculum including the list of publications (max. 30/100 points)
- A detailed list of the activities performed within the Association and the A.I.TE.M. meetings/conferences the candidate has taken part to (max. 30/100 points)
- If received, the letter of acceptance of their paper from CIRP (max. 20/100 points)
- A detailed list of CIRP activities and conferences the candidate has been involved in or taken part to (max. 20/100 points)
A commission named by the A.I.TE.M. Board will select the candidates. Commission members will be selected from university full/associate professors and researchers with proven and active involvement in CIRP and/or A.I.TE.M. activities.
Priority will be given to the candidates who have never won the Grant for young scientists before. The number of points being equal, priority will be given to the youngest candidate.